Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Moving On

After an incredibly trying year of bushfires, house and employment moves I am happy to say that finally our house at Callignee is sold.

Even that wasn't without it's final upset of a weeks extension to the financial clause in the Contract of Sale, but now, yes it's SOLD.
It was the 2nd time it had been sold .....the first falling through after 2 long months due to the buyer being unable to get his finance. The house was also supposedly rented at one stage with the prospective tenants pulling out 3 days before they were due to move in. Meanwhile we had moved out all our furniture.

Did I say a trying year. Yes it's been quite a year.

There are many who perhaps think we should have stayed at Callignee and seen the return of the trees and bush. To have repaired the charred gardens, but for me it would have been torture as I no longer "love it" there....it's barren and cold where once it was green, bright and vibrant.


Just compare the vibracy between these two before and after photos.




The house does not have sloping walls, they are a result of the wide angle lens on my camera


See what I mean


I do realise many people were affected by the bushfires far greater than we were and my heart goes out to them. Their year would have been worse than ours and I do respect that.

No comments:

Where are we?

Callignee is situated in the foothills of the Strezlecki 's in Gippsland, Victoria.