Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Homegrown Tomatoes

I have joined the group of people who love growing their own tomatoes from their own collected seed.

Last Fri 19th Sept, I sowed the seed I had collected from a tomato I grew last year that was given to me by a friend known as Rainy's Maltese, the tomato not the friend.







Photo: Rainy's Maltese a delicious large non acid tomato







I have placed a few seeds into half a dozen pots with the hope of getting at least one seed to germinate per pot.

Due to my current crazy living arrangements, I have decided to let these pots live in my car until they germinate....it's warm and I can keep an eye on them. After germination....well we'll see.

Heard of a fellow who carried seed around in a zip lock bag in his back pocket until it germinated, now that's dedication for you.











Photo: Platter of Rainy's Maltese Tomatoes, Grilled Aubergine and fresh Basil

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh the platter of of Rainy's Maltese Tomatoes, Grilled Aubergine and fresh Basil looks delicious. Wish I was there to sample!

Where are we?

Callignee is situated in the foothills of the Strezlecki 's in Gippsland, Victoria.