Monday, November 16, 2009

Fare well Ma Poss

The Callignee home is no more....farewell.... goodbye....au revoir.



We were lucky enough to be able to stay there a few nights at the end and got to say a proper goodbye to the house and surroundings. Luckily, we even managed to bid Ma Poss farewell with a tasty pear to remember us by.



As I cleaned and gardened for the last time I was, as I thought, matter of fact and even quite cold hearted about leaving this land we loved. Right up until the very end that is, when the flood gates opened.



We will remember the wonderful times we have had here. I feel very privileged that a city girl such as I am, who has lived in many parts of the world, finally was able to have even this small experience of the culture of the Australian bush.



This blog TreeChangeCallignee will evolve into the next adventure Ian and I get ourselves into, but meanwhile I will continue to post snippets of our foodie interests, gardening pursuits and our life back in Melbourne.

No comments:

Where are we?

Callignee is situated in the foothills of the Strezlecki 's in Gippsland, Victoria.