Sunday, April 19, 2009

Whats been on the Menu 12

It's great to feel like cooking again even if things aren't very creative.

Funnily, I can't remember what we ate for the first few weeks after the bushfires. It's all a blur.

I remember we cooked a curry and some friends came over to the Melbourne place on the first Friday night. I remember thinking at that time that it was great to do something normal again.

I know we ate out and had take away quite alot...maybe that's why I can't face a shop bought roast chicken at the moment.

Back to Basics:-
Roast chicken legs and roast vegetables, including stuffed aubergine.


Lamb chump chop, peas, mashed potato and pumpkin. I think this would have been the most common meal of my whole childhood. Meat and three veg. Still healthy enough I suppose and the pumpkin, peas and potato would have been home grown by my grandfather.Tomatoes (market bought) and grilled aubergine with fetta drizzled with EVOO and sprinkled with fresh basil.


Spagetti Bol with peas.

Flake strips with stir fried vegetables and sweet and sour dipping sauce.

No comments:

Where are we?

Callignee is situated in the foothills of the Strezlecki 's in Gippsland, Victoria.